Technology for technology’s sake is doomed to failure so it is important to instead ask why you need to be mobile. Seriously; why is mobile important? Here are the facts you can’t afford to ignore why mobility is key to enable employees be more productive.
- 90% of SMS sent are read within 3 min. Emails are read whin 90 minutes.
- 2013 mobile internet access will overtake desktop access
- 74% of smart phone owners use their device to check their email
- Adults spend more time accessing media through a mobile device than they do with magazines and newspapers combined.
- Men like mobile shopping better than women. According to the numbers, 45% of men have made a mobile purchase as opposed to just 34% of women
- 73% of mobile searchers look up and call businesses
Businesses still face challenges in adopting mobile technology
There is incredible pressure from executives, staff and peers to support iPads, iPhones, Android devices and the like, and there is also great promise of production and productivity.
Beyond the “cool” factor and the desire to work with the latest gadgets, has your enterprise actually taken the time to ask the most important question in enterprise mobility – why mobile?
Mobility should be approached as any technology initiative in your organisation. You should have business rational as to why mobility is being enabled for your company.
This is ultimately a question of value proposition: do you know what value mobility should bring to the business? As well, how can you measure success if you don’t know what success looks like?
Smart questions to ask in your next meeting
• Are you trying to enable employee led initiatives?
• Are you trying to allow for extended/flexible work hours to enure things get done quicker?
• Are you trying to connect with clients faster and easier?
• Is this to better support a remote workforce?
• Is this to leverage other internal services such as safety, maintenance, quality control, environmental and so forth to be access from one device?
Be more compliantWin bigger contractsLook more professional
Sign up for a 14 day free trial using your mobile instead of paper!